Check out these resources to learn how you can explore the Cannon River Watershed and promote clean water!
- Explore State Water Trails
- Virtual Tour of the Cannon River
- Rent Canoes or Kayaks!
- Lake Information
- MN Fishing Regulations in several languages
- State Parks
- County Parks
- Bike Trails
- Cannon River Wilderness Park/Area
The DNR‘s Recreation Compass is an interactive map of all state public lands, explore it here.
Explore other Environmental Organizations in the Watershed
Riverbend Nature Center, Faribault, MN
Citizens Climate Lobby-Northfield Chapter
Rice County Soil Water and Conservation District
Friends of the Cannon River Wilderness Area
What You Can Do to Promote Clean Water in Your Home
There are many ways you can conserve water and reduce pollution at your home and yard, helping protect the Cannon River’s land and water.
Some quick steps you can take are:
- Install a low-flow showerhead
- Build a rain garden to capture storm water in your yard
- Properly dispose of pet waste and lawn clippings so they do not pollute the Cannon River
- Avoid using pesticides and chemical fertilizers on your lawn
- Contact your policymakers and urge them to support legislation for clean water
- Spread the word! Help your friends and neighbors implement clean water practices